Updated November 13th, 2020
Gateway Stem Academy Families:
Thank you for your on-going support to your students and GSA. The purpose of this message is to share an upcoming shift in our school’s learning models due to the changing data of sickness in the county and state. The rapid statewide increase in COVID-19 is beginning to show up locally. Although our school’s safety strategies have been effective, the projected trend is that case rates will grow significantly.
Here is the plan for the next 3 weeks to help your family prepare:
Grades K-6: in-person and hybrid learning models
- Nov 23rd – December 4th will be distance learning days for ALL students.
- November 23 , November 24 , and November 25 are distance learning days
- There is no school for these students on Thursday, Nov. 26, and Friday, November 27.
- Monday, November 30 through Friday, December 4 will be distance learning for ALL students
Current Distance learning students
- The transition to distance learning does not affect students currently doing distance learning.
- Distance learning students will not have school on Nov. 26 and 27th
- Tutoring may be available from 5:00pm – 6:30pm on Mondays, Tuesdays.
In the coming week, your teacher will communicate additional details about this transition. Teachers and staff are committed to ensuring the move to distance learning goes well. Gateway Stem Academy is focused on our students’ success.
Looking ahead, the tentative plan is to return to in-person learning (grades K-3rd) and hybrid learning (grades 4-6) on December 7 if the COVID data shows it is safe to bring students back to school. Given the changing nature of this pandemic, we will continue to evaluate GSA return date as appropriate. Students that are currently distance learners, will continue to do their school work at home. As we have done all along, we will monitor data ahead of a transition, provide advance communication and support our students and staff.
Abdiaziz Farah, Gateway STEM Academy Director, and Ed Fellows, Gateway STEM Academy Principal
Beginning of the Year Announcements
Greetings GSA Families,
Gateway Stem academy will reopen Sept 8th, 2020. Here is the important information you need to know about the beginning of the year.
- We will offer in person learning for Grade K-3 Monday through Thursday.
- Grades 4,5, and 6 will have in person learning for two days a week.
- Every Friday will be digital learning from home for all students.
- Parents may choose to do distance learning everyday from home.
- You must select one learning option for your child.
- School staff will inform you of attendance days for your child before the end of the week.
Please call 952-206-4050 or visit our website www.gatewaystemacademy.org if you have any questions
Thank you GSA Admin
Option 2: Alternatively, parents or guardians who would like to keep technology over the summer that has been loaned out to them, may do so by notifying their child's classroom teacher and filling out the Google Form attached below. Please direct any questions regarding summer technology use to Ed Fellows (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Click here to fill out the Google Form for continuing summer technology use
Welcome to Gateway Stem Academy, a school committed to excellence. It is exciting to see Gateway continue to grow as a school and community.
Due to increased enrollment, we will be hiring additional teaching staff for the upcoming academic year.
If you are a dedicated teacher interested in being part of the GSA family, we have teaching opportunities. If you are is interested in applying for the 2020-2021 school year, click on the appropriate link on the righthand side of the page. We can’t wait to hear from you!
All locations are available to any child ages 1 to 18. We encourage families to pick up meals at the location closest to their home.
Children may receive 2 meals each day (1 breakfast and 1 lunch per child per day).
MEAL PICKUP LOCATIONS AND TIMES:
Meals will be available for pickup at these three locations from any time between 11:30am and 1:00pm
Winfield Townhomes: 3950 141st St, Savage, MN 55378
A-Plus Universal Center: 1208 Shakopee Town Square, Shakopee, MN 55337
ADDITIONAL PICK-UP LOCATIONS: To be determined (as of 6/9/20 @ 9:15 am)